Since the 1920s, we have been at the forefront of musical performance activity for high and middle schools in Michigan.
Durand's programs in the marching season often push the boundaries in the art form, offering cutting-edge visual packages with ambitious musical selections. Their selections in concert season blend classic, challenging pieces with contemporary works.
The mission of the Durand Instrumental Music Program is to chase excellence in musical performance while offering a supportive, rewarding environment for our students at all levels of the program. We strive to succeed on the field, in the classroom, and beyond the walls of the school.
What We've Achieved
- 1965 Disneyland Holiday National Champions, participating in the 1966 Tournament of Roses Parade
- Fifteen State Championships in Marching Band (MCBA and earlier)
- Over fifty Division One ratings at MSBOA festival (Concert and Marching)
- Performances for Presidents Ford and Clinton during Whistle Stops at Durand
- Nine BOA Regional Championships (Class A)
- Countless Division One ratings by students at MSBOA Solo and Ensemble Festival (District and State)
- A robust, dedicated, passionate alumni base
- The successful education and life experience of thousands of Durand students